Monday, September 26, 2011

Fruit-o-mania

Here’s my layout for the How Much Is Too Much challenge #181 (Johnny Appleseed). Janet challenged us to do a layout using 3 apples; the color combo of yellow, red and green, 3 red, 3 yellow and 3 green embellishments (buttons, brads, twine). Check out what the team did on the blog. I hope you will play along with us!




Since I had never heard about Johnny Appleseed, I had to look him up. Interesting character and I understand why he loved apples, I do too. This was a fun challenge! I did my layout about Anton’s love of fruit (the title translates to something like ‘Fruit-o-mania’), apples being the number one favourite (although he is eating papaya on the photos). I found some journaling cards that worked well for the challenge and the topic, and the layout came together quickly. I used three stamped apples, one in each colour, and the same with the three buttons, brads and twine.

Journaling summary: ‘Anton loves fruit and apples are the big favourite. Papaya, pear, peach, strawberries, grapes, watermelon, oranges, everything tastes wonderful. Bananas on the other hand are no good at all. He used to share fruits with me, but no more sharing, now he want the whole fruit to himself. He is eating papaya on the photos.’

Supplies: Hero Arts Four Apples and alphabet stamps; Artistic Outpost and Oxford Impression word stamps; Distress Ink: Mustard Seed, Peeled Paint, Fired Brick; October Afternoon journaling cards; buttons; twine; Reprint heart brads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!