Wednesday, December 14, 2011

12 tags of Christmas 10

I loved the transfer ornaments that Tim made on this 12 tags of Christmas number 10. Here’s my tag:


I used fragments instead of crystals for my ornaments and found a sheet of patterned paper with great images for the ornaments. They were transferred onto clear packaging tape. I hadn’t done that technique for a while and forgot how fun it is. I used aluminium tape at the back, love the soft metallic sheen it gave the ornaments. The background was done in much the same way as Tim’s. The music stamp was stamped on a tag die cut from kraft paper. The pine branch (Stampscapes) and trees were stamped with Peeled Paint and clear embossed. I mixed some Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls with water and misted the tag pretty heavily. The banner was made from a left over piece of tissue tape that had been attached to grungepaper, it was distressed with white paint and ink. The letters were painted gold and coated with glossy accents. I also cut a small leaf from a left over piece of alcohol inked glassine (from tag 7).

Two close-ups:




Thank you for stopping by!!

Supplies: Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous music and tree stamps; Stampscapes pine branch; Kaisercraft patterned paper; Distress Ink: Peeled Paint, Brushed Corduroy; Archival ink Jet Black; Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls; Gold paint dabber; fragments; tissue tape; grungepaper and grungeboard letters; twine; brads; aluminum tape; packaging tape.

2 comments:

  1. Hierdie een is ook weer so pragtig.. hou so aan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tag. The ornaments look good and I like all the added details. Little things like clear embossing your stamping really add so much more to the design. I love the way the word 'peace' looks with all that texture going on.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!