Tuesday, December 6, 2011

12 tags of Christmas 2 and Advent ATC 6

Today I have another two projects to share, my second 12 tags of Christmas and the ATC for December 6 in my calendar.

One of my stamping friends recently sent me some of the holiday kraft resist papers, perfect, since Tim used them on tag number 2. Here’s my tag:


I picked this pretty winter scene from the kraft resist papers and filled it out on top and below with music paper. After applying the Picket Fence Distress Stain, I coloured the circle red and thought it looked a bit like a bauble, so I added a twine bow to it. Perfect Pearls mixed with a bit of water was splattered on the scene and painted with a brush on the tree and the roof of the house. Natural sticky back canvas was glued to grungepaper, die cut into snowflakes, inked and distressed. Grungeboard was die cut with a scalloped border die, painted silver, sanded and scraped with a needle tool. Then it was inked with black and after attaching the brads a texture hammer was used to age them. I always forget about the texture hammer, so I was glad that Tim used it for this tag. I added red brads to the snowflakes and hammered them too, they almost look a bit like melted wax. The kraft resist piece has the words ‘fireproof mica flakes’ written at the bottom, so I added some vintage mica flakes too.

Two close ups:



Supplies: Tim Holtz Holiday kraft resist paper; Distress Stain Picket Fence; Distress Ink: Festive Berries, Black Soot, Stormy Sky, Brushed Corduroy; Silver paint dabber; Perfect Pearls; Tim Holtz Sizzix Mini Snowflakes; Stampendous mica flakes; ribbon; twine; brads.



Here’s the ATC for 6 December in my Advent calendar.



It is a little scene depicting the poem I used on card 5, of a ‘house-Santa’ standing alone outdoors pondering about life. The stars were clear embossed on glossy cardstock and dye inks were used to colour the sky. The house is stamped and paper pieced and the snow is dry embossed vellum with a touch of Stickles.

Thank you so much for stopping by!

Supplies: Great Impressions star stamp; October Afternoon house stamp; BasicGrey, KI Memories and Scenic Route patterned paper; Cuttlebug embossing folder; Diamond Stickles; Adirondack Denim and Stonewashed ink; Ranger Seafoam white embossing powder.

4 comments:

  1. Love it! Was looking at all the really fun and beautiful details! Love the burlap, canvas stars and the white embossed cabin in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna-Karin, your tag looks great. I'm finally beginning to see the value of the Picket Fence Distress Stain. I love the canvas snowflakes.

    Once again I love the ATC for your Advent calendar. I bet I know who flips the pages each day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is gorgeous. What a great secene and beautiful colors. I feel the cold. Lovely
    Lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!