Wednesday, December 7, 2011

12 tags of Christmas 3

I am almost caught up with the 12 tags of Christmas tags, but will post one a day on the blog. I had tons of fun with tag number 3. Here it is:



First I made a pale blue watercolour background with Distress Inks on a tag die cut from watercolour paper. Various shades of green DI reinkers were dropped on a piece of cut’n dry foam (Tim second example of the technique) and it was used to ink the trees. I misted them very lightly before stamping and loved the multi-green look of the trees. Perfect Pearls mixed with water was misted very lightly on the tag, a little bit heavier on the left hand trees, since I wanted them to look more like they were in the background. Then I remember that I had a tree embossing folder, and embossed the right hand group of trees to make them stand out more (hard to see on the photo).

A piece of brown Core’dinations cardstock was glued to grungepaper and the car was die cut from the piece. It was sanded and then inked with Black Soot. I redid the technique from tag 2 of hammering brads with a texture hammer. The tree was stamped with the same green pad on kraft paper and glued to grungepaper. White flocking was added as snow on the tree, on the ground beneath the big trees and here and there in the sky. The ticket was stamped using a custom stamp pad, as Tim showed for the background of tag 3. It was a left over from last year when I stamped out a ton of these tickets. The road was made by embossing black Core’dinations cardstock with a ledger folder and then sanding it. The text on the car translates ‘Jingle Bells’ and I thought it fit so well together with the two bells tied at the top of the tag (I love such little details).

A close up, the flocking is kind of hard to see:


Thanks so much for looking!!

Supplies: Tim Holtz Stamper’s Anonymous: Mini Holidays 2, Reindeer Flight, Odds and Ends; Tim Holtz Sizzix tree and ledger embossing folders, Mini Car and Tag die cuts; Distress Ink reinkers: Peeled Paint, Shabby Shutters, Pine Needles, Bundled Sage, Forest Moss, Fired Brick, Vintage Photo: Distress Ink: Stormy Sky, Tumbled Glass, Weathered Wood, Vintage Photo, Black Soot; grungepaper; Tim Holtz pin; Core’dinations Tim Holtz Espresso and Black Soot cardstock; twine; bells; watercolour paper; brads.

7 comments:

  1. I am so enjoying your tags, Anna-Karin - keep them coming! This one is wonderful with those fun trees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't tell Tim, but I may like yours better!!!! SUPER CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super lovely tag! My favorite of all the tags I've seen this year - bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way your trees turned out with the technique you used - it really adds so much interest to the stamping. Your ticket is just perfect. I bought a couple of TH stamp sets recently, but after seeing this tag I think I may have bought the wrong ones, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hierdie 1 is 'n wenner!!!!! Moenie vir Tim sê nie, maar ek hou meer van hierdie 1 as díe een van hom, haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! I love that icy blue background and those trees. I can see the embossing on some of the trees, and like the dimension it adds. I remember when you custom made the stamp pad to stamp that ticket; it adds a cool touch. The tree tied to the top of the car reminds me of a long and funny story about the tree my husband and I bought for our first Christmas together.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!