Friday, December 9, 2011

12 tags of Christmas 5

I am all caught up with the tags now, but will only post one a day here. The kissing technique with Archival ink on an alcohol ink background that Tim did on tag 5 is a favourite of mine. Here’s my tag:


Pink shades of alcohol ink were sponged on a tag cut from acetate. I wanted a fairly light background. A script mirror stamp was used for the kissing technique, removing the ink where the text was stamped. I wanted to create my own wreath, but didn’t have the die that Tim used. Instead, I die cut snowflakes from white modeling film, stamped them with a dot flourish stamp, heated them with my heat gun, one at a time, and shaped them. I love how the modeling film keeps its shape after it has cooled down. The snowflakes were attached with brads.

The sentiment comes from a stamp set a stamping friend of mine recently sent me (thank you Marshia), it was perfect for this tag. The lace was dyed with Dusty Concord distress ink.



Thank you for stopping by! Tomorrow I am sharing my favourite tag so far. Have a wonderful weekend!

Supplies: Hero Arts Magical background CG211, Winter’s Butterfly CL234; Tim Holtz Stamper’s Anonymous Reflections CMS111; Alcohol ink: Mountain Rose, Pink Sherbet, Shell Pink; Archival Ink Jet Black, Blue Violet; Tim Holtz Sizzix Tag and Mini Snowflakes dies; Stamper’s Anonymous white Modeling Film; lace; tulle.

3 comments:

  1. Baie mooi, ek kan sien jy het dit geniet om dit te maak!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your background truned out great with this technique. I like the softer colours you chose the use and the snowflake wreath looks lovely. And you're right - the sentiment is perfect for this tag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The reverse script stamp is on my must-have list! I love the technique you used to make your background. It turned out beautifully. I've never heard of modeling film. It sounds like a very useful product.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!