Saturday, December 10, 2011

12 tags of Christmas 6

Yesterday I wrote that I was going to share my favourite of the 12 tags of Christmas so far today. I am never good at picking favourites of any sort, but I really enjoyed the technique Tim shared for the 6th tag, so that's why I wrote it is my favourite tag so far (I am not sure though, I like every tag for different reasons). Here it is:


The photo doesn't do the tag justice. I have done dry embossing techniques with metal before and coloured with both alcohol ink and acrylic paint, but had never tried covering the tag with distress ink and then embossing it with clear powder. It looks so cool. I adhered aluminium tape to glossy cardstock and embossed with the same folder Tim used. I have had this embossing folder for a while, but don’t think I have used it before. I painted it with Juniper, Peach Bellino, Pebble and Espresso dabber paint. It did not look pretty after the quite rough painting, but started to look better after sanding off quite a lot of the paint. The tag was inked with Tea Dye and Brushed Corduroy and then embossed with clear powder.

I found a really old metallic snowflake and snowman and painted them with the paint, sanded most of it off, inked with Brushed Corduroy and embossed. The tag was edged with a bit of black paint and the lace was dyed with Walnut Stain.

A close up:


Thank you for stopping by!!

Supplies: Tim Holtz Sizzix embossing folder; Adirondack paint dabbers: Juniper, Peach Bellino, Pebble, Espresso, Pitch Black; Distress Ink: Brushed Corduroy, Walnut Stain, Tea Dye; charms; aluminium tape; lace.

5 comments:

  1. I like all of your TH tags! They all look great! This one is cool too, much nicer than Tim's :)
    Beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! The effect is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a really cool technique! I really want to do Tim's tags too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the colors you used on this tag. The images look so cool after you sanded them. I can see the enamel effect of the heat embossing. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linked back to you for my Sat. post! I do agree that I like your colors better than Tim. Don't tell him.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!