Monday, December 12, 2011

12 tags of Christmas 8

Here’s my eight 12 tags of Christmas. So fun to do a steampunk Christmas tag!


I did the background in much the same way as Tim, just adding a brick stamp with white paint. Instead of using the three gentlemen (which I used on a tag not so long ago), I used a train stamp. It was stamped on grungepaper and inked. I loved the layered gears that Tim used on his tag, and the combination of different metals. The big gear was painted gold, but I didn’t have copper paint, so instead I painted two of the smaller gears and the key with a mix of copper Perfect Pearls and water. They look very shiny in real life. I also wanted to add more of a metal element, and adhered aluminium tape to grungeboard and die cut gears from it. Two of them were coloured with gold alcohol ink, the other two were left silver and just distressed a bit with black paint. I stamped the tag, and then stamped the fun hand inside it. To make the train more festive, I embellished it with some pearls (which were distressed with black paint). I painted the number ‘24’ gold and distressed it a bit. The main day of celebrating Christmas is the 24th. ‘Jul’ means ‘Christmas’.

Two close-ups:




Thank you for stopping by!!

Supplies: Tim Holtz Stamper’s Anonymous Steampunk, Odds & Ends; Artistic Outpost Steampunk stamps; Wildlife Enterprises train stamp; Distress Inks: Iced Spruce, Everygreen Bow, Festive Berries, Brushed Cordoroy, Walnut Stain; Archival ink Jet Black; copper Perfect Pearls; Gold Paint dabber; Tim Holtz Sizzix Gears, Mini Gears, Hardware Findings dies; grungepaper and grungeboard; grungeboard letters and numbers; Imaginesce pearls; lace.

4 comments:

  1. You can do anything, from steampunk to gorgeous, girl! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Anna-Karin! This tag is STUNNING! So, it comes to no surprise to me to find that it is today's Featured Stamping Project at Two Peas! Congratulations! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tags are beautiful. So glad I got to see them IRL. Your work is really amazing. Glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Almal is reg, jy is goed! dit is ook weer so'n mooie.
    ek moet nog tyd gaan soek vir die laaste 6...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!