Saturday, December 3, 2011

12 tags of Christmas 1 and ATC 3

Today, I have two projects to share again. I had fun with the techniques in Tim Holtz first tag of Christmas. Here’s my tag number 1:



The background was a happy mistake, Versamark was applied to my embossing folder before embossing the tag, then I tossed on what I believed was white embossing powder. I just grabbed the white EP without looking, but it really was puffy embossing powder. It gave a great snowy feeling to the card and even feels like fake snow when you touch it. Instead of using pinecones, as Tim did, I used two rolled flower dies together with two colours kraft core paper. White paint was applied to the petals and thereafter Distress Stickles Rock Candy. The other die cuts (all from kraft core paper) got the same treatment. I applied some Rock Candy to the background too. The bird was die cut from grungepaper, coated with Glossy Accents and then sprinkled with glass glitter. I added some of the same glitter to the centers of the flowers. Kraft paper was stamped with a music stamp and a banner shape was cut from it. The lace trim was dyed with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink.

Here are some close ups:




Supplies: Tim Holtz Stamper’s Anonymous music stamp; Hero Arts Holiday Sayings CL343; Tim Holtz Sizzix snowflake embossing folder, Tag, Tiny tabs & Tag, Mini Snowflakes, Mini Flourish, Tattered Leaves, Bird dies; MFT rolled flowers dies; Ranger puffy embossing powder; Picket Fence paint dabber; Stickles Rock Candy; Core’dinations Kraft core cardstock; trim; gauze; pearls; American Crafts rub-on letters.

Here’s the ATC for the third of December, in my ATC calendar.


The background is tone on tone stamping. The baubles were stamped with white Stazon on acetate. Glossy Accents was used to adhere glitter in different colours to the back of the baubles. The snowflake is painted white and misted with Perfect Pearls.

Thanks so much for visiting!!

Supplies: Hero Arts Grid Pattern S5216; Stazon white ink; glitter; Cuttlebug snowflake die; lace, ric rac; Making Memories number rub-on.

6 comments:

  1. jy verbaas my elke keer weer! Ek het ook hierdie 1 vandag gemaak, hoop dit Maandag op my blog te sit, ek is vandag aan die beurt vir Katzelkraft!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my opinion your tag is way more beautiful than Tim's :) Just awesome with the beautiful flowers, the bird and the gauze!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna-Karin, this is wonderful! I love your take on Tim's first tag. The puffy EP looks cool; I love the background. The roses are so pretty.

    Your ATCs are beautiful. I'm going to go check out the first two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Anna-Karin, these are AMAZING!! Love your take on Tim's tag with the birds and roses, love, love, LOVE it! A masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, stunning take on Tim's tags you have done him proud, take care, Doreen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those close ups are great Anna-Karin.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!