Saturday, January 14, 2012

Owl hoot if I want to

Here’s my card for Card Patterns sketch #148. I really liked the sketch with the four panels and the focal circle element. The sponsor for this week’s sketch is Clear Dollar Stamps and I used a cute owl image and sentiment. Head over to the blog to see the other DT cards.

Here’s the sketch:



And this is my card:


I seem to need a lot of kiddies birthday cards nowadays, so I thought this would fit nicely for that. The owl was printed on woodgrain paper and coloured with coloured pencils. For the four panels I used papers from BasicGrey Life of the Party series, which all have the same woodgrain background, and with birthday related prints. The panels were stitched to the cardstock and the owl panel was handstitched to the scalloped circle and mounted with foam tape. I also used a strip of real wood.

Thank you for looking!

Supplies: Clear Dollar Stamps CDSLW BirthdayFallCritters; BasicGrey Life of the Party pad; Spellbinders circle and scalloped circle dies; Derwent coloured pencils; wood; Imaginesce rhinestones; Spun Sugar Distress Stickles; ricrac; DMC floss.

2 comments:

  1. I like the Owl card. I especially like the Owl image, the stitching & the sentiment.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!