Friday, June 7, 2013

Musical Cherubs Darkroom Door

Today I have two cards to share using the new pretty Musical Cherubs Frame Darkroom Door stamp. This stamp can be used as a frame, to hold a picture or a sentiment, or use only a little part of it to create something entirely different.


Check out the Darkroom Door blog to see the wonderful projects some of my team mates made with this stamp. My first card: 

Musical Cherubs 1 - Layers of ink
I wanted a gilded frame and covered a piece of cardstock with foil tape. I painted the tape with Tarnished Brass Distress Paint and when dry, stamped the frame on top. Because I was a bit impatient, the paint was not entirely dry and the stamp pulled a little bit of it off, which created a nice distressed look. I distressed the frame more with a needle tool. The sentiment comes from New York Vol. 1.

For the background, I gold embossed the Sheet Music Background stamp on a piece of cardstock which had been inked with Chipped Sapphire and Tarnished Brass Distress Stain.

You might see the metal of the gold frame better here. I thought the images from Love Letters Photo Chips worked perfectly inside the frame.

The flowers were made with the Sizzix Bloom w/Leaves 3-D Flower die.

Musical Cherubs 2 - Layers of ink
For my second card, I paired up the Musical Cherubs stamp with Tim Holtz Sizzix Cameo Frame die, which has the same shape. It was die cut from patterned paper and the frame was stamped on top with Ranger Archival Jet Black ink. I placed a silhouette die cut from natural sticky-back canvas in the frame and embellished the card with paper clay letters and a flower. The background is dry embossed kraft-core cardstock.

Thank you so much for looking!

Anna-Karin

Supplies for both cards:

Darkroom Door products:
Paper Products: Love Letters Photochips

Other products:
Surfaces: Core'dinations Tim Holtz kraft-core cardstock; Ranger Manila cardstock. Foil Tape Sheets; My Mind's Eye Howdy Dowdy 6 x 6 patterned papers; foil tape
Embossing folder: Sizzix: Eiffel Town & French Script Set
Ink: Ranger Archival Jet Black; Distress Ink: Gathered Twigs; Tsukineko Stazon Jet Black
Stain: Ranger Distress Stain: Chipped Sapphire, Tarnished Brass
Paint: Ranger Distress Paint: Tarnished Brass
Embellishments: Martha Stewart clay and mould kits; pearls; trim


2 comments:

  1. Both delicious - I think the delicate neutrals of the second one just edge it for me!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!