Saturday, July 20, 2013

CSI case file #81 - Golden Summer

Hi everyone! A new case file is up at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration, a very pretty one:



I did a layout about the sea and summertime:

CSI case file #81 - Layers of ink
From the evidence items I used: birds, twine, light bulb, grid design, silver metal, circles and from the testimony items I made a list of 6 awesome things. I did one of my favourite types of backgrounds, just white paper, stamps, ink and watercolour paint. I love Hero Arts Stamp Your Story line and keep reaching for it. Here I used the Brushed Frame to stamp a grid design around my photos with Archival Jet Black ink. I used a stamp positioner for precise placement, it is such a great little tool when you need precision.

Per Gessle from Roxette is also in a Swedish band called Gyllene Tider (Golden Age/Times) and the title plays a bit on that, since I quoted lines from one of their songs as my list of 6 fabulous items about summer and the sea. They have done a lot of songs that are very associated with summer and the one I was inspired by here is called June, July, August (Juni, Juli, Augusti). I stamped the title with Sap Green and Jet Black Archival Ink, adding some stamped ink splotches and a sketch heart.

Last week, I managed to find hot press watercolour paper, which is smooth. It has been hard to find here. Although I really love the texture of cold press paper, smooth paper works better with detailed stamps, such as the large bird, and is easier to write on too. I mixed up four of the combo colours in watercolour paint and painted one inside each frame. The starburst was stamped with Adirondack Lemonade, symbolising the sun.

The bird was stamped on the background paper with Versafine Vintage Sepia and then again on another piece of watercolour paper, with Jet Black. I painted it with watercolous and cut it out. The fabric ribbon comes from Prima.

I love the Painted Circle stamp and stamped it here and there with Archival French Ultramarine ink. The little birds come from another Stamp Your Story set. I stamped brush strokes from the Texture and Shape set on scrap paper with Sap Green ink and printed the journaling on top. It was cut into strips, I like the texture at the end of each one and that the green is repeated on this rectangle too. It roughly translates to: 'I am sitting here for a while. I am counting every seventh wave. I am flying in a golden garden. Because the winds are warm then. Everything feels better then. June, July, August.'

The journaling on the last block is written on stamped lines and translates: 'Not much can beat an afternoon/evening at the sea. Most people have gone home, the water is warm, the wind has slowed down. You love to run around on the beach and to sit at the edge of the water and dig in the sand.'

A vintage lace was die cut from foil tape, first adhered to cardstock, for a border piece.

I really like the look of tone-on-tone stamping and that Prima bulb is so much fun.

Thank you for stopping by! Enjoy your weekend!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Surfaces: Derwent hot press watercolour cardstock; foil tape
Stamps: Hero Arts: Brushed Frame K5785, Texture and Shape LP283, Remember AC028, My Favorite AC030, Painted Circle E5784, Wise Bird H5719, Single Starburst F5584, Snippets Months 331485; Stamper's Anonymous Tim Holtz: Worn Text
Dies: Sizzix: Vintage Lace
Ink: Ranger Archival Ink: Jet Black, French Ultramarine, Sap Green; Adirondack: Lemonade; Versafine Vintage Sepia
Paint: Daler & Rowney watercolours
Embellishments: Prima: Typo Bulbs, Engraver fabric tape; twine

1 comment:

  1. Each time I see one of your layout I think that this one is my fave and each week I have a new fave. I am loving your watercolour effects and really must try it out... I need to stop being scared and just do it.... :D you are such an inspiration :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!