Monday, July 8, 2013

Tiny Stamps and Trinkets Shadow Box

Hello everyone! This week we have a super fun challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show, use small stamps (or stamp just a tiny portion of a large stamp). I often forget about the very small stamps that come on some sets and thought this was a great opportunity to use both tiny stamps, and lots of small embellishments.

I made a small shadow box filled with tiny stamps and trinkets:

Tiny Stamps and Trinkets Shadow Box - Layers of ink
I loved the idea of using tiny stamps and since they easily disappear on a large project I made a small shadow box, using the packaging of Prima wood icons. Prima's wood embellishments come in such cute little wooden boxes, when I saw it online the first time, I knew I wanted to make a shadow box out of it. They come in different sizes, the one that I used is 13 x 13 cm (5.25 x 5.25 in).  I really enjoy making shadow boxes, and they are perfect to showcase small dimensional details. Most of the embellishments come from Prima's Sunset Sunrise and Junkyard Findings collections.

First, I stained the box with a mix of Walnut Ink Crystals and warm water, which gives a really nice brown colour. Check out this project to see examples where I used it on paper and lace trim. I mixed up a medium-dark mixture and simply painted the box with it. Love how it makes the wood texture more visible. After the ink was dry, I stamped the box with tiny texture, word and flower stamps, mainly from Hero Arts, with Jet Black Stazon ink.

I dragged Ranger Emboss-It Dabber around the edges of the box and embossed with Stampendous Aged Silver Embossing Enamel. To embellish, I used a lot of different Prima embellishments and altered them with Distress Paint and Stampendous Aged Silver and Aged Teal Embossing Enamels. Be careful not to burn yourself when heat embossing metal. I used Ranger's Emboss-It Dabber and a Versamarker to apply embossing ink to the embellishments.

In this box, you can find a Typo Bulb, special screw and metallic rose. The bulb was painted with Broken China and Antique Linen Distress Paint was rubbed into the letters of the screw.

'Art' comes from Hero Arts My Favorites set. The wooden house was painted with Broken China, Black Soot and Picket Fence Distress Paint. The little heart is from Studio Calico. When I had finished decorated all the boxes, I glued sapplied Glossy Accents here and there and sprinkled with Stampendous Teal Color Fragments and Mica Flake. Here you see the Color Fragments.

The circle was die cut from mat board with the smallest Sized Circles and the My Favorites stamp was stamped on top. The Prima metallic numbers were embossed with Aged Teal powder.  I stacked some scrap pieces of mat board behind the circle to lift it from the background.

A painted screw head, bird stamped with Hero Arts Cerulean ink, ink splotch stamp, jeans button and mica flakes.

The center box has layered Prima metallic embellishments (Washers, Roses), with the gear being embossed with the teal powder. I rubbed some black paint on the largest circle and stacked them all together. The brad was dipped into Antique Linen Distress Paint.

The house was stamped with Cerulean ink and cut out. The tiny sentiment fit perfectly on top. Broken China paint was rubbed on the pen nib and the little gear.

The wood veneer butterfly was painted with Broken China and stamped with a small sentiment stamp. It was embellished with tiny gears and a wire. I stacked left over grungeboard behind the wings to give it dimension. Most of the embellishments were glued to the box with hot glue. Another jeans button is hiding in the corner.

The larger metallic flower was embossed with Aged Teal and the smaller with Aged Silver. The brad was dipped in Broken China paint. The bird is standing on a mica floor. I love mica and the Stampendous boxes of mica flakes are wonderful. The funky bird was stamped with Hero Arts Cerulean ink and mounted on several tiny pieces of scrap mat board. I used a tiny Hero Arts flower here and there on the project, which I had never used before and had hardly noticed. My son found it and loved it, otherwise, I would never have thought of using it here.

The last box was filled with this gorgeous dimensional rose, embossed with Aged Teal and a bit of Aged Silver powder.

I stamped the edges of the box with sentiment stamps from My Favourites and Remember, as well as the tiny flower and a butterfly stamp.

The other edges.

This is the top of the shadow box, with a cool Prima Special Screw.

I hope you will use some of your tiny stamps this week and show us the result. As always, one random participant wins a $50 gift voucher from Simon Says Stamp.



Thank you for looking!!

Happy crafting!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Surfaces: Prima wood packaging; mat board; cream cardstock
Stamps: Hero Arts: Collage Friend AC022, Remember AC028,  My Favorite AC030, My Words CL695, Come Fly With Me 331481,  Darkroom Door: New York Vol. 1; Artistic Outpost: Windows & Doors
Dies: Sizzix Sized Circles
Ink: Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black; Stazon Jet Black; Tsukineko Walnut Ink Antiquing Crystals; Hero Arts Cerulean; Ranger Emboss-It dabber; Versamarker
Embossing powders: Stampendous: Aged Silver Embossing Enamel, Aged Teal Embossing Enamel
Paint: Distress Paint: Broken China, Black Soot, Antique Linen
Embellishments: Prima: Mini Flowers, Mini Numbers, Roses, Washers, Small Typo Bulbs, Jeans Buttons, Special Screws, Screw Heads, Clock PartsHouses & Buildings; Studio Calico wood veneer shapes: Tiny Hearts, Butterflies; Tim Holtz Idea-ology: Pen Nibs; Stampendous: Teal Encrusted Jewel kit

19 comments:

  1. потрясающая работа!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How precious is this!!!! Love it! What a tiny treasure with all the details you've put in a small space. The stamps around the edges are perfect. My favorite embellishment is the little bird that says "You are here. I'm so glad I was here this morning :) Have a lovely day!

    --Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh what a gorgeous shadow box! Love all the little trinkets and such a beautiful accent color! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna-Karin, your piece is just breathtaking! Perfect and so rich in details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant! Love the details in each little window. I was seeing all the embossing, color fragments and just details and loving them! Beautiful shadowbox!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anna-Karin....your little shadow box is just filled with so many wonderful and intricate stamps and embellishments. I love all of it. I'm so partial to blues and browns together...so of course, I would LOVE this piece! As always, your art is so inspiring! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  7. AMazing !!!! It's a wonderful piece, all details are absolutely fab, colors are may fav! Brown and teal! Hugs BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow.. this shadow box is amazing, Anna-Karin. The colors, textures and all the details are just gorgeous! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Anna - I love this. I have a little pile of these boxes I was saving as I knew they could be a fab altered item. You have inspired me - thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful! I love the box and all the wonderful things you put into it, as well as altered! Wonderful color scheme too! So fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute. Love how you stained the box- it looks really old especially with those stamps you used. Cute tiny details too (of course!) :-) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute. Love how you stained the box- it looks really old especially with those stamps you used. Cute tiny details too (of course!) :-) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Completely enchanting, with so many amazing details on the trinkets in the box... but I think almost my favourite thing is the subtle stained finish with the wonderful stamping around the edges!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous trinket box, Anna-Karin! I love the shade of blue you chose & each window is so cool & unique!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing! You're brilliant girl. I'm in awe. And thank you for listing all your supplies and where you got them. I really appreciate it when artists do take the time to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is AMAZING Anna-Karin I Adore this project of yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This just knocks my socks off! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is fabulous. I love each and every square, the details are amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!