Saturday, September 28, 2013

CSI case file 91 - Milk-o-mania

Hello and welcome! First, just a reminder that CSI:Color, Stories, Inspiration is having a DT call. I hope you will consider applying, it is such a fun challenge. You can read all about it here.
 
This week's case file: 
 
 
And my layout:
 
From the evidence items I used: leaves, wed medium, stripes, and metal, and from the testimony items I used speech bubbles and journaled about something that is enjoyed every day (milk). The background was misted, first with water and then with yellow Dylusions mist. Behind the photo there is a paper white embossed with a new wood planks folder from Tim Holtz. I thought it looked sort of like the door of an old barn.
 
I wanted to use a new stencil by Ronda Palazzari, with these great leaves (and many more). I used Distress Paint and a stencil brush. I wanted more of a milky feeling on the layout and white embossed three different splatter and splatter ring stamps all over.  

The background was splattered with White Linen Dylusions mist and I stamped some more too.

This piece behind the photo is a leftover gelli print paper, where I think I pressed bubble wrap into the paint on the plate before printing. It comes from my Dotty Gelli Print ATC Book. The stamps are Hero Arts Stamp Your Story stamps.

The milk can was stamped on foil tape and cut out. The journaling is on the tag behind the photo, die cut from another piece of gelli print paper. It is all about my son's love for milk

Thank you for looking! Have a lovely weekend!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Surfaces: Daler & Rowney watercolour paper; white cardstock; Ranger Foil Tape
Dies: Sizzix: Arrows, Banners, Chevrons & Clouds
Embossing folder: Sizzix: Ink Splots & Wood Planks
Stamps: Hero Arts: My Favorite AC030, Time AC029, My Notebook AC127, Paint Spots E5783, Texture and Shape LP283; Stämpelboden Milk Can
Ink: Archival In: Jet Black, Cornflower Blue
Paint: Distress Paint: Broken China, Peeled Paint, Barn Door
Mist: Dylusions Mist: Pure Sunshine, White Linen
Embossing powder: Ranger Seafoam White
Stencils: The Crafter's Workshop Ronda Palazzari: Abstract Leaves, Mini Dots & Dashes
Tools: Gelli Arts gel printing plate

1 comment:

  1. Wow ! Its adorable I loved the misted bg,bright yellow color n the stamped leaves..the geli plate print paper looks fab here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!