Saturday, August 16, 2014

A Happy Life Layout

Hello everyone! I hope you are enjoying the weekend. I spent the morning tidying up, which was much needed. There is a new CSI:Color, Stories, Inspiration case file:
 
 
 
My layout:
I used some photos from my son's first time at the amusement park, which fit real well in colour and with the happiness theme of this month. From the evidence I used: dots, a grid, speech bubbles, and arrows, and from the testimony I was inspired by the happiness theme and placed some of my journaling in speech bubbles. The rest of the journaling is on the back.
 
Working on watercolour paper, I white embossed dots randomly all over the page, as well as a heart stamp. Then I did a simple Distress Ink watercolour background by smearing yellow and green inks on my craft sheet, misting with water and pressing the paper into the ink.
 
Here you can see the white embossed heart, which is also home to part of the title. The title is a mix of rub-ons and die cut letters. The letters were die cut from mat board with Tim Holtz Block Talk die, painted with Broken China, sanded lightly when dry and then coated with Glossy Accents. The arrows got the same treatment.  
 
I added some rhinestones and Simon Says Stamp sequins, for bling and to add to the happy feeling.
 
I love the look of Glossy Accents on top of letters and embellishments. They look almost good enough to eat.
 
Thank you so much for looking! I hope you can join us this week!
 
Happy crafting!
 
Anna-Karin
 
Supplies:
Surfaces: Daler & Rowney watercolour paper; Sizzix Little Sizzles White Mat Board
Stamps: Stamper's Anonymous Tim Holtz: Psychedelic Grunge, Rockstar
Ink: Distress Ink: Scattered Straw, Mustard Seed, Mowed Lawn, Crushed Olive
Paint: Distress Paint: Broken China
Embossing powder: Ranger White
Embellishments: Tim Holtz idea-ology: Life Quotes Remnant Rubs, Words Remnant Rubs; Simon Says Stamp: Moonshine Sequins; rhinestones

7 comments:

  1. I'm not a scrapbooker but I do enjoy looking at the pages you create. Your attention to small details make your pages just 'pop'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the greatest layout and looks so much fun. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SusanK said exactly what I wanted to say.You captured the happiness theme perfectly.The background is yummm and love those speech bubbles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous page! The colors and your design just say happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love background here... embossing with watercolor color looks stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I love the watercolour background with the white resist. It works so well with the photos. And how cool are those arrows and letters with the glossy accents.
    Your LO is just gorgeous!
    Anna-Karin, you always inspire me and make the wheels in my brain start turning. Thank you for the great inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its full of life and Happiness I loved the fresh lime color, watercolored bg and the texture on it !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!