Saturday, August 30, 2014

Misted Layout

Hello all! I hope you are well and enjoying your weekend. There is a new CSI:Color, Stories, Inspiration case file up:
 
My layout:
 
I made a quick stencilled background using stencils by Tim Holtz and Dylusions mist. The case file made me think of this photo of my son with his first sunglasses. We called him 'cool dude' when he wore them, and he later started saying 'cool dule' about all sunglasses and glasses, still today he calls sunglasses this. The story is written inside the little matchbook. From the evidence I used: polka dots, washi tape, metal, labels and woodgrain. I placed my journaling in an envelope and it is inspired by sunshine. Do you spot anything that is missing? I had taken out some pink rhinestones to use, but forgot to put them on the layout before taking this photo.
 
For the background, I placed the Rays and the Bubble stencils on watercolour paper and misted yellow and orange Dylusions mist through them. I splattered some more mist on the page and used a little water to make the rays a little longer. I also misted with Biscotti Perfect Pearls for shine.

For the letters I used the Boardwalk die. Pumice Stone ink was applied directly to a piece of white paper to create a textured woodgrain look and the letters were die cut from that.
 
The Matchbook die has two books, and I used the smaller one here. It was die cut from white paper and stamped with a woodgrain background stamp and Pumice Stone ink. The owl was die cut from mat board, inked with Spiced Marmalade and Pumice Stone and stamped with a crackle stamp. I coated it with Glossy Accents. 

This word was die cut from another piece of inked cardstock. And a little star of course!
 
Thank you so much for looking!
 
Happy crafting!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Surfaces: Neenah Smooth Solar White cardstock; Daler & Rowney watercolour paper; Sizzix Little Sizzles Mat Board
Dies: Sizzix: Boardwalk, Stacked Artful Words, Mini Owl & Crescent Moon, Matchbook Set
Stamps: Stamper's Anonymous Tim Holtz: Wallpaper & Wood, Ultimate Grunge
Ink: Distress Ink: Pumice Stone, Spiced Marmalade; Archival Ink: Watering Can
Mist: Ranger Dylusions mist: Lemon Zest, Squeezed Orange; Ranger Perfect Pearls Mist: Biscotti
Stencils: Stamper's Anonymous Tim Holtz: Rays, Bubble
Embellishments: Tim Holtz idea-ology: Mirror Stars, Observations Word Bands, Number Brads, Laboratorie Tissue Tape, Words Remnant Rubs, Game Spinners, Long Fasteners

4 comments:

  1. Adorable story and photo. Love the colors and your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The story of your son is lovely and your layout is very beautiful, I love the colour of the sunray, it is perfect for the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this layout. What a wonderful picture too. It fit all so well together. Thanks for showing Anneke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love that background Anna Karin. That is one of my fave stencils and I love it with the mists...
    You were going to send me the stuff for your class. I haven't got anything yet :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!