Wednesday, January 28, 2015

12 tags of 2015 January

Hi friends!! Today I am happy to share my version of Tim Holtz 12 tags of 2015 January. I was sorry to miss the last couple of tags of 2014 because of the move, and I had fun doing this one.

Since most of January has already passed, I didn't do a new year's tag like Tim did; instead I made the coming addition to our family the theme of my tag. For the background, I used Barn Door and Spiced Marmalade Distress Paint, and misted with Pumice Stone Distress Spray Stain. The combination created a rich and distressed background.

I am still waiting for my supplies which are in the container, but luckily I did have Chit Chat stickers. I love them and made sure they made their way into the suitcase. The shading technique Tim did around the words is real cool. I also added a die cut flag that I happened to find in a bag of scraps (I had tossed two bags of scraps into the suitcase too).

I only had Rock Candy glitter at hand, so I painted all the plastic parts with Peacock Feathers and coated two of them with Rock Candy. The number was mounted on a painted, sanded and inked circle from the Prize Ribbons die.

My spritzer tool is also in the container, so after splattering with white paint, I made irregular dots with a gold Krylon marker.
 
Thank you so much for looking!
 
Happy crafting!
 
Anna-Karin
 
Supplies:
Surfaces: Ranger Manila Tag; Tim Holtz idea-ology: Postale tissue wrap
Ink: Distress Ink: Pumice Stone
Marker: Distress Marker: Black Soot; Krylon Gold Leafing Pen
Paint: Distress Paint: Barn Door, Spiced Marmalade, Peacock Feathers
Mist: Distress Spray Stain: Pumice Stone, Peacock Feathers
Glitter: Distress Glitter: Rock Candy
Embellishments: Tim Holtz idea-ology: Chit Chat Stickers, Sprocket Gears, Long Fasteners, Game Spinners, Alpha Parts, Crinkle Ribbon, Botanicals Remnant Rubs
 

11 comments:

  1. Delightful results from limited supplies :-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tag, very rich colors. Wow, that ship must be stopping at every port around the world before it gets to you :-)) I hope it gets to you soon. You have been doing great work without most of your supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a military wife and really understand first hand what it's like waiting on those cartons! I think you are doing an outstanding job working with your supplies...it is inspiring and refreshing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like You had fun doing this :) Gorgeous colours and lots of energy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you are amazing to have got that done with limited supplies. Iwould be over it by now. LOVE the Rock Candy on the chipboard. It looks so cool. I want to see if I can do these. I love the techniques on them <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnnaKaren, I think you could make something beautiful of anything! Your tag is so pretty. Love the colours and the pretty spots of colour. The rock candy just gives it such a subtle glow.
    Thank you for sharing your lovely work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your take on Tim's tag, great colour combination!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, there's so many different things to look at on your tag - love it! Great color combo and lots of lovely texture. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowzer - what a scrumptious take on the January tag - fiery colours and all that amazing gold splatter - love it!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!