Friday, January 1, 2016

Favourites from 2015

Happy New Year! I hope you had a really great Christmas and New Year! I took a bit of a break and we visited my family. The boys both enjoyed Christmas so much.

I started typing this up yesterday on New Year's Eve, but didn't get to finish it. Today is the first day of 2016, and I am hoping it will be a great year. I thought I'd pick some of my favourite projects from 2015, even though I am not good at picking favourites. If I had made these choices tomorrow, I might very well have picked different projects. Here we go:

Layers of ink - New Places art journal page by Anna-Karin
From January, I picked this art journal page, since it was about our move and I like the combination of stamps and colours here.

Layers of ink - 3D Bird House tutorial by Anna-Karin
In February, I made this Discover Bird House, and had such fun both with the finish of the house and with all the details. You can find the full tutorial here.

Layers of ink - Textured Butterflies Tag tutorial by Anna-Karin
Another favourite in February, was this Textured Butterflies tag, on which I tried out some new techniques. It is also a tutorial. 

Layers of ink - Pearlescent Scrapbooking Layout by Anna-Karin
The most important event in February, was the early birth of Leo, and this is his first layout, with pearlescent pastels and vellum butterflies. He was so tiny.

Layers of ink - Be Happy Journal Page by Anna-Karin
In March, I made this happy Bird Crazy art journal page. It makes me smile every time I see it in my journal. Another favourite Bird Crazy project was a wall panel, which I made for Anton. 

Layers of ink - Wallet Album by Anna-Karin
One of my favourite mini albums this year, is this wallet album about the time from when I found out I was pregnant, until Leo came home from the hospital. It is full of memories and photos. 

Layers of ink - Nature's Toolbox Tutorial by Anna-Karin
Another April favourite was this Nature's Toolbox Tutorial, made with a Sizzix die by Eileen Hull, and filled with an accordion booklet with tools for life, in the form of quotes about nature.

Layers of ink - Inksheet Resist tutorial by Anna-Karin
One of my new favourite products this year were the Sizzix Inksheets, and I used them in this Inksheet Resist tutorial.  I also like that photo of Anton, walking to the car on his last day of school with his back pack and soft toy. 

Layers of ink - Roots Mixed Media Canvas tutorial by Anna-Karin
In June, I made a Roots canvas with fun mixed media techniques and a pretty stencil by StencilGirl. I also really like the quote from Tolkien and the block design.

Layers of ink - Quilled Flowers in a Mason Jar video tutorial by Anna-Karin
I've been wanting to start making video tutorials for a long time, and this Quilled Flowers in a Mason Jar was the first one. Speaking of videos, I hope to make a new one soon, it is now too cold to shoot outdoors and I am still looking for the right light/tripod set up, something that works for my space and has a quick set up.

Layers of ink - Imagination art journal page by Anna-Karin
Another art journal page, where I used some happy Distress colours and DIY ink pads.

Layers of ink - Poppy Mixed Media tutorial by Anna-Karin
This Poppy Mixed Media panel was made with Simon Says Stamp exclusive dies, and I like the way both the dimensional flowers and the textured background turned out.

Layers of ink - Windswept Autumn Tree by Anna-Karin
I picked this layout about an autumn outing since it uses one of my favourite photos of the boys. They were placed in a scene which depicts our day of autumn trees, leaves, cycling and time for reflection.

Layers of ink - Distress Micro Glaze Resist Video tutorial by Anna-Karin
In September, I did a resist technique video with Distress Micro Glaze, which I have had such fun using this year, and with a bird that paints the world, much like what I want to do.

Layers of ink - Autumn House tutorial by Anna-Karin
One of my favourite new dies during 2015 was Tim Holtz Village Dwelling, and I made an Autumn House, as well as a Winter Church and a Gingerbread House with it.

Layers of ink - Spooky Book Cabinet tutorial by Anna-Karin
The Spooky Book Cabinet was my favourite Halloween project, with tiny books in which I wrote stories for Anton.

Layers of ink - December Daily Tutorial by Anna-Karin
One of my favourite Christmas projects each year, is my December Daily journal. This year, I made a Countdown Calendar to go with it, and I am happy to report that it worked very well. Having the daily journaling tags out on display in the calendar, made it easier for me to remember documenting each day.

Layers of ink - Winter Journal Tutorial by Anna-Karin
I love snow, and I had fun making this winter journal to document our winter memories. We didn't have snow during Christmas, but it fell a few days later and still remains.

Layers of ink - Owl in Winter Window by Anna-Karin
Let's finish with a recent project, this Owl in Winter Window, which now hangs on the wall in front of my desk. I used the same window stamp by Finnabair on this Ticket Notebook.

This turned into a long post. Thank you for watching and a big thank you to everyone who reads my blog!

I am looking forward to a creative 2016.

Happy crafting!

Anna-Karin

14 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Anna and family! I love ALL your creations and could not pick a favourite for the life of me. I look forward to seeing your 2016 creations. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your work Anna-Karin and this is a beautiful selection of it. Looking forward to seeing what you create in 2016, Happy New year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous projects throughout the year Anna-Karin. It's always a treat to see how your creative mind works when faced with different designs/products. And what a year you've had! May 2016 be equally successful and blessed. Happy New Year! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Picking just 10 favorites from your blog must be hard, because everything you create looks fabulous!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful projects and I think it is ok if they would have been different on another day. You certainly had a jam pack year Anna-Karin and you seem to have settled in your new life like a duck in water. I love to see your projects even if I don't get to comment on all of them - They truly inspire me. Happy New Year and I hope that 2016 is a great year for you all. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your projects....every project you do is my favorite. I can't wait to see more projects in 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do not think I could pick favorites! You make so many wonderful projects. I like your videos, but I also like your other tutorials, they are very clear and helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your work, and these specially picked projects just warmed my heart! You have beautiful boys and some beautiful backgrounds to showcase their photots! I ma in love with this recent creation--the snowy owl! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing work Anna-Karin!!!!!!!
    This is simply fabulous, I simply adore to bits each and every of these projects.
    Happy New Year to you, all my very best wishes for 2016 !!! :D
    Hugs, Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a treat to see all these beauties Anna-Karin. Wow - you are just soooo sooo talented. Looking forward to seeing more of your wonders in 2016. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Hugs. j.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Talk about a jaw dropping collection of projects! Wow! You are so inspirational! All the best to you and yours for a wonderful 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Anna-Karin ... what an amazing selection of awesome projects ... so wonderful to see them all in one place! Glückliches Neues Jahr! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Anna-Karin.
    what a beautiful pick/choosing your favorites.
    You made such beautiful, different style projects. somethimes I wonder if how you made it and how get you on idea's. Really amazing what you can made.
    Have a good and creative year and all the best wishes for you and your family.
    Groetjes Dora

    ReplyDelete
  14. A glorious collection from 2015, Anna-Karin - it's always such a joy to visit here, and when you see works like this gathered all together it's easy to see why. Stunning creations with depth and detail and love. Beautiful post.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!