Friday, February 5, 2016

StencilGirl Guest Tutorial

Hi friends! It is Friday, and I hope you some nice plans for the weekend. We have very nice sunny weather, so I think we'll spend some time outdoors.

Today I am very happy to be a guest designer at StencilGirl. I love using their stencils in my work. The designs are stunning, and there is such a wide variety.

Layers of ink - Perspective is everything mixed media tutorial by Anna-Karin
I made a mixed media board (10.6 x 13.6 in) with lots of layers of paint, stenciling and some stamping. Starting out with Carolyn Dube's gorgeous Arched Aqueduct stencil, I was remembering childhood trips to Italy and France, with formed as inspiration for my piece. I also used Carolyn's Wall of Words, Mary Beth Shaw's Grid Stencils, Kimberly Baxter Packwood's Three Crows, and Seth Apter's Urban Insider's Circle. The board was painted with paints and media by DecoArt.

I took step photos while making this, and you can see the full tutorial and close-ups on StencilGirl Talk. There are details hiding in the background.

Thank you so much for stopping by here today and have a lovely weekend!

Happy crafting!

Anna-Karin

9 comments:

  1. Just STUNNINGLY INTRIGUING Anna-Karin. The texture, the colors, the depth.... just so UNIQUELY BEAUTIFUL. It just draws me in.... makes me want to walk inside your background and look up to see your lovely bird. Sooo inspiring. j.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It just glows! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Anna-Karin…beautiful work! May I ask? What is the 'Letters" stamp shown in your first pic (of the tutorial) on the SG blog? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sue! 'Letters' is a part of a collage type stamp by Stamper's Anonymous, Classics #3. It is a great stamp with different text elements.

      Delete
  4. This is so beautiful. I absolutely love how you used the transparent paints and glazes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Seth! I had fun with the transparent paints and glazes. It is amazing what a difference a glaze can make.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!